Nomadic Living


Confined closet space. Limited clothing (and shoe!) selection. Fast food wrappers. Empty diet-coke cans. Le sigh. 


I am living in The Village, Dallas while working on my second internship. Next week, my parents will be moving to Dallas and I will be living with them. Until then, a benevolent sorority sister offered to let me stay with her and her newly-wed husband. A little awkward, but she has been incredibly nice to me. 

For the past three weeks I have been homeless. After arriving in OKC from NYC, I stayed with my grandmother. At doctors appointments and healthcare cobra meetings, I gave my parents San Antonio address. But I was not living there. 

Two weeks later, I moved in with sorority sistah and hubby. Not wanting to appear like Cousin Eddy in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, I brought only the essentials. I must say, forgoing my complete shoe collection has been tough. And I also left all casual clothes. 

I cannot wait for my parents to move so I will no longer be nomadic. What college grad ever said that?

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Pugnacious Me - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template