Wedding Planning: The Dress

So, I will admit that I have not blogged in a while.

But that is because I have become addicted--or at least infatuated--to Twitter. It is the lazy man's blog. And, well, I am a lazy man--err, woman--at the moment.


I have promised to post about my wedding planning--so here goes.

I will post Wedding Planning Post based on details of the actual day.  Today, I will discuss The Dress. 

After Aaron proposed, I immediately started thinking about dresses. I began thumbing thru magazines, looking at styles, imagining The Day. 

I am not the big, princess pouffy dress girl.
 

And this see-through biz-nass is just not my style.


And was thinking something with straps or something very demure and slimming. And with straps. Did I say I didn't want to look like every other bride?


When my little sister--RaeBabe--was coming to NYC, the MOB suggested we go to Kleinfeld's to check out dresses and just have fun. I agreed and booked an appointment. 

Little did I know I would get my dress that day. I brought all my pictures. Told myself I would not buy a dress that day. And took a taxi--not the subway!--down to 20th and 6th. 

The consultant--RaeBabe of course knows her name and I have forgotten--looked at my pictures and looked me up and down. Said she would pull some dresses and why don't RaeBabe and I look at the dresses at the trunk show.

We picked out a few dresses--like I said, it wasn't serious--and I immediately put on a beautiful Amsale dress. (Aaron DO NOT LOOK AT THIS LINK)

And needless to say, it was perfect. And totally nothing like I had imagined. Slightly poufy, but still demure. Strapless. I was in love. And steely RaeBabe who never cries at anything...teared up. 

So, I tried on the other dresses. I looked boob-a-licious and curvaceous. But not bridal.


And after webcasting with my parents--my mother uttered a sob and dad was speachless--I bought the first dress I tried on.

Later this fall--during the Amsale trunk show in Dallas--my mama and I made a faux bridal appointment to try on my dress. She saw it and loved it. And I fell in love all over again.

Wedding is August 29, 2009. So much planning and still a ton of time!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Pugnacious Me - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template