Dancing Queen


I get it from my grandmother and my father. Something about a good beat thumping across the room makes my body begin to move and shake in time. I cannot help it. I love to dance.


Saturday, my suite mates and I went to the Beauty Bar to have a few drinks. But instead of schmoozing and sipping cocktails, we were delighted to find an electric dance floor amidst the retro, salon inspired bar.

The DJ made me feel like I was back in middle school dancing with abandon. DJ Dimitry mixed it up with 70's disco hits, 80's pop music--think "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", old school rap and recent hits. I was jumping up and down, bopping to the music for two hours without even realizing it! 

Granted I was a slick mess when I left. I will admit I had lost my hair tie, and was eyeing the one I saw on the floor. But alas, I did not grab the dirty hair tie and went without.  The cab ride home was steamy--literally with no or little AC and a cab driver who refused to pick a popular radio station for my Finnish roommate. 

Overall, the night was good and at the end I felt like I was 12 again dancing in my room with not a care in the world. 

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Pugnacious Me - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template